Monday 5 March 2012

Fabulous Fabric!

I had a lovely shopping trip the other weekend with Ryans mum to find some curtain fabric for the living area. She is a very talented seamstress and so at Christmas I made a deal with her for a future favour instead of an extra present in the form of some curtains. I'm quite happy to re-adjust clothing or sew buttons etc by hand but haven't really done anything quite as complicated so this is one part of the project I am willing to pass to someone else!

I'd been looking online and on e-bay etc but couldn't really find any good deals, and it's hard to tell what the fabric is actually like if you can't physically touch it. So joined by Ryans brothers girlfriend we searched Dunelm, John Lewis and Milton Keynes markets' fabric sections but in the end came back to the same one we'd seen in Dunelm first (always the way!) which is a lovely doubled-over rich red fabric with small furry spots to add some patterning without being too over the top. We happened to find it in the discounted end-of-roll section for only £2.99 per metre so am very happy with the price indeed!

I think I will get the lining and the tape from John Lewis as I still have a £50 voucher won through a sales promotion at work so technically won't cost me anything, though I might still buy it online if I see anything else I would rather have from John Lewis!

I think it will really help bring some warm creative energy into the living space, and can already picture the curtains in place and the paint on the walls...

No comments:

Post a Comment