Wednesday 2 May 2012

Wallpaper

After the clean up operation I was able to get some wallpaper up, which I must say has now massively improved the feel of the place! Instead of rough looking old patchwork plywood and filler is now a smooth expanse of white paper at last. 

I've helped wallpaper many times before but never done it on my own nor in such a small space, so according to The Waki Way tradition it was a ridiculously awkward and long job but I got there in the end! I'm very pleased I chose paste-the-wall paper as there is no way I could have used a pasting table inside, and the bad weather and narrow doorway would have made pasting outside near impossible too.

We also got a tester pot of a cream paint that we liked so I applied it around the windows. This means that we can now put the blinds back on for evening privacy and insulation without needing to take them down again/or mask up for painting. They are so fragile I'm surprised they survived being taken down the first time, and we really don't have the money to buy a new set to fit so must look after them! 

So we just have a patch at the back end still to do where the wardrobe will be, (we found another rotten batten which requires the side luggage hatch door to be taken out first) and once the other side window etc has been replaced we can repeat the process there and all will be fresh and smooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment